Monday 19 May 2008

Glasgow Rangers vs. Zenit St. Petersburg riots

One of these things I, probably, will never cease to abhor is the sheer disposition to violence by the working class in UK. I don't want to generalize but all my experience is based on nearly 5 years living in Manchester. Here is some footage (vedos/reports) by BBC to the riots which took place at the Picadilly Gardens in Manchester on the 14.05.2008 during the Glasgow Rangers vs. Zenit St. Petersburg game:
Oh boy was I happy that exactly on that day just a few hours earlier I was sitting on the plane back home for a weekend. Having said that I regret it a bit since I got ill during my visit back home and lost the opportunity of taking couple of shots of real mancunian massacre ;-) I am sure I could have made some remarkable pictures. Nevermind, Manchester surprises one all the time. Maybe I will still get lucky before I leave.

No comments: