Wednesday 27 June 2007

Clever clocks in a few steps

Always wanted to be a clever clocks, a whippersnapper or just simply a smart a** in your academic papers? The feeling most academic wannabes know all too well...
Here is what you need my desperate and struggling academic friend - this page lists direct English translations of common Latin phrases, such as veni vidi vici and et cetera. Some of the phrases are themselves translations of Greek phrases, as Greek rhetoric and literature reached its peak centuries before that of Ancient Rome.
So, happy pretending!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if anyone fancies to register in this university, you can contact its chanceller- Dr. B Werth to be.!!

last year PhD neurotics said...

I will just cite your new PM and say that I am deeply honoured by the task assigned to me and will try my upmost to fullfill all the expectations.

Sabrina said...

Can I apply to be the Vice Chancellor?

Please?Please?Please? I can provide the chocolates...

(^_^)